This story is about a pack of impatient children on a train demanding to be entertained by their aunt. Because of her old fashion story the children quickly grow disinterested, and this is all witnessed by a witty bachelor who tell the children another story. Instead of telling the children an old fashioned story where good things only happen to good people he alters the ending slightly, which appals the aunt but is adored by the children. This story was quite an easy read as the language was quite simple so I gave it a nine out of ten for readability. Although this story had a witty ending I didn’t enjoy it that much, seeing that it was slightly dragged out with a bit too much unnecessary detail. Therefor I gave it a six out of ten for entertainment. Seeing as the bachelor was obviously trying to irk the aunt and give the children a refreshing view on storytelling I gave this a seven out of ten for thought provoking.
No comments:
Post a Comment