Thursday, 8 January 2015

A short review on Black Swan Green

The book Black Swan Green by David Mitchell follow's Jason Taylor in the year that he transitions from a child to a teenager. The book is periodical and talks about one month of Jason's life in each chapter and focuses on his coming of age. Because it is a coming of age novel talks about many of the issues affecting him such as bullying, his parents marital woes, his stutter and even the devastating Falkland wars. 

Overall I would rate this a nine out of ten for readability as it is quite an easy read. This book would receive a seven out of ten for entertainment because I didn't think it was that exciting the whole way through. For thought-provoking I would think that Black Swan Green deserves an eight, as the text did get thinking about how a child is personally affected by their parents failed marriage and how it may affect their confidence and trust in others/themselves.

Readability:9
Entertainment:7
Thought-provoking:8



"Family Fight Stock Photo 118302697." Thinkstock. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Jan. 2015.


No comments: