Thursday, 8 January 2015

Black Swan Green Review

Readibility: 8/10
Thought provokingness: 4/10
Entertainment: 3/10

Black Swan Green by David Mitchell was quite an easy read but I did not find it intriguing to read and think about. This book was not entirely satisfying to read either because of it's use of local slang, which I could not grasp onto the most of the meanings, which was quite frustrating. It's use of characters within the story was however interesting and made me want to further understand them and their circumstances. Despite the simple dialogue and language used in the book, the plot was very dull and I did not see the point to the story. I understood that the author tries to portray the ordinary life of a normal teenage boy, but the events that occurred were either too boring or unrealistic, this made me uninterested in the plot. Therefore entertainment wise, I did not give it a high rating. As the plot and characters themselves were reasonably typical, the plot itself was too. I did not put much thought into the book as I was reading it, mainly because the events and dialogue were all too plain to see. Overall the character portrayal was done excellently but in my opinion it was it was a mediocre read, and I would not read it for enjoyment unless I have to. 



No comments: