Kwashiorkor
A
disease caused by protein deficiency, which originates from a local word in
Ghana. Symptoms of this disease include swellen belly and skinny legs. I like the sound of this word because it has
quiet a few rs. Due to its special pronunciation, I found myself remembering it
very easily when I learnt this word in Biology.
Hamachi
Hamachi
is a type of fish used in Japanese cuisine. I like this word because I really
like the fish itself, and also because of the fact that it is the first
Japanese word that I learnt when I first travelled to Japan.
Moisture
I
like the feeling of this word: a bit of moisture in the sizzling summer, like a
cool and damp wind in the hot weather. It also reminds me of the cool feeling
of water running down my throat, freshening up my mind. I also like how this
word sounds, with an o shape in the middle when you pronounce it.
No comments:
Post a Comment