Literary reviews from English students of Class 2 in the 2014 year group at CIS Hangzhou
Monday, 4 May 2015
Story Song: Love Vigilantes
Love Vigilantes, which is originally by New Order, but was covered by Iron and Wine, is a beautiful but sad song regarding how a soldier longs for home, and when he does go home, he finds out that he died during the war from a telegram his wife held as she cried. The first time I heard this song was when I was watching an episode from the TV show House, and this song began to play during the end of the episode. When I first heard it, I was quite taken by the lyrics and the beautiful way the guitar and voice accompanied one another, so I decided to look it up. I really enjoy how the song is emotional, but expresses it in a very simple way. The song is soft, and it carries quite a heavy story with it. It is a good song.
Link to: Lyrics
Link to Audio
Live Performance Video:
No comments:
Post a Comment